The Services may include certain services, products, tools and features that are enabled by artificial intelligence (AI) technologies (“AI-Enabled Services”) and that allow you to submit text, images, multimedia, or other inputs or make certain selections (“Prompts”) to generate content (“Creations”). Due to the nature of AI, Creations may not be accurate, reliable, appropriate, or unique across users and the AI-Enabled Services may generate the same or similar Creations for Stride or other users. You understand that Creations may be subject to certain third-party rights and restrictions. Stride will not be responsible for any action that you take or do not take based on the AI-Enabled Services, including any Creations.
Our AI-Enabled Services are powered by foundational models trained on various data sources. You can access more information by visiting the webpages for the AI-Enabled Service(s) you are using, which are accessible on Stride’s website.
“Services” means Stride’s Sites, software, products, mobile applications, AI-Enabled Services, and services.
“User Content” means all information and content (including Prompts and Creations (each as defined below), and any other text, photos, images, sound, video or other materials) that a user submits to the Services or generates through use of the Services.
User Content. You are responsible for your User Content (for clarity, including Prompts and Creations). By submitting or generating User Content using the Services, you represent and warrant that you have obtained all rights, permissions, and consents necessary to use such User Content. If you post something that concerns us, we may contact the authorities – such as the Police or Social Services. You will not post any User Content that violates your school’s policies, guidelines, or procedures.
How we Use User Content. Your User Content stays yours. These Terms do not give us any rights to your User Content, except as explicitly stated. When you provide your User Content to us or generate User Content through the Services (including, for clarity, the AI-Enabled Services), you grant to us (and those we work with) a perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), royalty-free, and worldwide license to reproduce, transmit, distribute, display and perform (publicly or otherwise), prepare derivative works based on, and otherwise use and exploit that User Content for any purpose (including to operate, promote, protect and improve our Services, and to develop new ones), and in any form or media (now known or later developed). For the avoidance of doubt, this license allows us to use your User Content to develop, improve, and train the AI-Enabled Services.
We may provide User Content to other entities; however, we will require those entities to use the User Content obeying the same restrictions that we must follow. The license you grant above continues even if you stop using our Services. However, we will exercise our license to your User Content only to the extent consistent with FERPA and Student Data Privacy Laws.
What Restrictions Apply to my Use of AI-Enabled Services?
If you use our AI-Enabled Services, you acknowledge and agree that you will not:
- Submit any personal information to the AI-Enabled Services (including, for clarity, as part of a Prompt);
- Use the AI-Enabled Services or any Creations in any manner that infringes upon or otherwise violates any applicable third-party rights or contractual restrictions;
- Reverse engineer any aspect of the AI-Enabled Services or the Creations, or do anything that might discover or reveal source code, or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any part of our AI-Enabled Services;
- Use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction methods designed to scrape or extract data from our AI-Enabled Services or from Creations;
- Use the AI-Enabled Services or Creations to indirectly or directly develop or improve a product or service that is similar to or may compete with the AI-Enabled Services;
- Sell or resell any aspect of the AI-Enabled Services or any Creations, or otherwise use the AI-Enabled Services or Creations, for any commercial purpose; or
- Use the AI-Enabled Services or Creations in violation of the Acceptable Use Policy.